Slow Cooker Meals – Beef Stroganoff
I LOVE cooking with my crock pot. But I will be the first to say that I don’t love everything that I make in it. Sometimes the meat dries out, the sauce is watery and the flavor is bland.
Trust me. This is not that kind of recipe.
I found this recipe through a friend on Pinterest, but it was originally posted here. There are over 2,000 reviews and they all pretty much say the same thing: amazing.
There are only six ingredients in this easy, satisfying and delicious meal. I altered it just slightly for even more flavor.
- 1 lb. stewing beef, cubed
- 1 can golden mushroom soup
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tbs Worcestershire sauce (it’s as much fun to eat as it is to say!)
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 4 oz cream cheese (I used Neufchatel)
- Combine the soup, onion, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth in your crock pot and stir.
- Add stewing beef and stir.
- Cook on low for eight hours.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to the crock pot. Let it cook on high for 10-15 minutes. Stir to break up the chunks.
Mamas, it doesn’t get easier than that!
I served this over pasta (at my husband’s request) but it would be delicious over egg noodles, mashed potatoes or rice as well.
This is definitely going to be a regular meal in our house.