Five Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Bars
I’m in deep, deep trouble. After making and trying this recipe that I found on Pinterest, I think I blacked out and missed a few minutes of my life.
This ranks up there with the Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark as one of my new go-to recipes for parties, housewarming gifts, get-togethers and… Wednesday nights.
It couldn’t be simpler with only five ingredients! They taste like homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, only bigger and better.
- 2 cups of confectioners sugar
- 2 cups of crushed graham crackers (you can buy already crushed crumbs if you can find them; if you can’t, you can crush about 11-12 full graham crackers in a bag or throw them in the food processor and grind until you get a fine powder)
- 1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup + 4 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet, but milk chocolate would work too)
Combine confectioners sugar, graham crackers and 1 cup peanut butter.
Add melted butter and stir until well combined.
Spread mixture into an ungreased 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
Combine chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second increments and stir until melted.
Spread the chocolate mixture over the top of the graham cracker mixture.
Let cool in the refrigerator for one hour. Cut into squares and enjoy!
I cut this into 24 good-sized squares, but they are so rich that they could be cut smaller and still be very satisfying.
You’ll either thank me or hate me… or possibly both at the same time! Thanks to Bakerlady for the amazing recipe.