Mini Egg Blondies
Easter is one of my favorite holidays. This is mostly because the best candy is brought out in the stores during this season. Yes, I prefer Easter candy over Halloween candy… hands down!
For as long as I can remember, Cadbury Mini Eggs have been my first choice. I am always sure to stock up on them as soon as they hit store shelves.
When I came across this recipe on Pinterest, I knew that I had to try it. And I am so glad that I did! These Blondies are absolutely delicious, and will definitely be making another appearance in our house before Easter is over.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups milk chocolate mini eggs (more or less, depending on your preference)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl for about 30-45 seconds.
- Once melted, add the butter to the bowl of your electric mixer. Cream together with sugar and brown sugar.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs and mix until creamy.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until it is incorporated.
- Fold in mini eggs.
- Spread the batter into a greased 8″ × 8″ baking dish. (I found that it was easier to get my hands in there and press the dough evenly into the dish.)
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25-30 minutes, or until a tooth pick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
- Let the bars cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
It was tough having to wait 30 minutes before trying these, but when I did, they were still warm, and very yummy! The next morning I decided to take some to work and they had hardened up a bit over night. This made them even more delicious. I’m not sure how it was even possible!
So, if you’re looking for an easy, yet crowd pleasing Easter treat, this will definitely impress your guests!
Enjoy! Mini Egg Blondies Recipe