Simple Green Beans, Chicken & Potato Dish
I found this recipe on Pinterest, pinned by many of my friends, and was able to find the original website it was pinned from. It looked easy enough, and those are the best kind of meals in my opinion, so I decided to try it out.
The best part is that you can make it all together. The flavors from the meat and seasonings blend to the green beans and potatoes taking something so simple and making it delicious.
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can green beans, drained (you could also use frozen or fresh, if you prefer. My family loves how the green beans turn out, so we usually use 2 cans)
- 2-3 potatoes, cubed (I boil mine first to soften them up before putting in the oven – they seem to take forever to cook for me)
- 1 packet Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Spray a 9” x 13” dish with cooking spray.
- Take your one or two cans of drained green beans and empty on one side of the baking dish
- Place your chicken breasts in the middle of the dish in a line
- Put your potatoes on the third side of the dish.
- Sprinkle your Italian Dressing Mix over the entire dish.
- Drizzle melted butter over top.
- Cover with foil and bake in your oven at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Remove from oven, and serve.
Note: I’ve also tried this with corn instead of green beans, but I prefer the green beans, and smoked sausage instead of chicken.
It’s a fairly easy meal that my family loves. Enjoy!